Monday 31 August 2009

The next few months

In the next few months after that I had to give statements, as did my sister, and I even had to go and do a special video statement. There was an initial court case, in which thankfully he pleaded guilty to. Then I attended his sentencing at Reading Crown Court in late June/early July 2009, where I saw him sentenced to two and a half years imprisonment. During the few months which led up to that final sentencing, I was still studying hard for, and sitting my AS level exams. Including a few drama performances.

Thursday, July 2nd, This article was published in our local newspaper:

Jailed for sex offences
Man tried to groom vitim's sister, West Berkshire magistrates told
A Chaddleworth man has been jailed for sex offences against a young girl.
Forty-six-year old P. . . . E . . . . . almost got away with abusing his victim years ago. Reading Crown Court heard on Monday.
However when he tried to groom her sister, she spoke out and he was arrested. Jailing E . . . . . , Judge S . . . . . . J . . . told him that in his views his "malformed inclinations" meant that he remained a risk to children. G . . . . C . . . . . - R . . . . , prosecuting, said that E . . . . . of Glebefields was caught asking the younger sister to indulge in "sexy time" with him.
The girl told another relative who raised the alarm. There was worse to come when the girl's sister then revealed how she had been repeatedly molested by E . . . . . , the court heard.
E . . . . . was arrested and, at West Bershire Magistrates' Court in Newbury on April 18, he admitted specimin charges of one count of gross indecency with a child and two of indecently assaulting a child. There had been up to seven instances of sexual behaviour in all, the court was told. M . . . . . G . . . . . , defending, said that his client, who worked in the security industry was "very ashamed and terrified of the prospect of what will happen to him in prison".
He added: "He is a man of previous good character but everything he has done in his life thus far is now worthless because of these convictions"
Jailing E . . . . . for two-and-a-half years, Judge J . . . told him: "The age of the girl made her extremely vulnerable. These weren't isolated incidents and your malformed inclinations, in my judgement, remain."
E . . . . . was also placed on the Sex Offenders' Register and made subject to a Sexual Offences Prevention Order. Under the terms of the order he must not return to the family home upon his release and he must have no unsupervised contact with children, other than his own.
Afterwards the girls father said the sentence was a "good result".
He spoke with pride of his daughter's decision to speak out in order to protect her siste and added: "Obviously it's been an ordeal for her but she's very resilient. She wanted to protect her sister and she was determined to come to court today to see E . . . . . jailed.

It's now almost the end of the summer, and I still have to deal with the fact that I have broken apart his family, he has a wife and two children, and everyday I face the fact that I have taken their father away from them. Thankfully they are moving away so I wont have to face them directly anymore, but sometimes I just cry, thinking about everything that has happened. Though although it sounds weird, I'm glad it happened to me and no one else, because I was almost able to deal with it all myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment